Friday, August 31, 2012

The Ultimate Goals for the Progress of Humanity


I feel like I got detached from the purpose of my blog in my last post, being sucked into the gravitational pull of an ill-articulated attempt at political warfare, and for that I apologize.  This blog is supposed to be my platform from which I can dive into and attempt to understand the various views of progress.  This means I must try and understand all beliefs equally, even claims that I personally perceive to be ludicrous. 

For all the people that share the ultimate goals of progress for humanity, there must be some reasoning and well intentions seeded in what they believe and say.  I failed to uncover that reasoning and intent of the perspectives spotlighted in my last post.  As long as you are a perspective of progress, your words are important and relevant to me. 

I hope that by analyzing things in a fair manner, looking not just at what is wrong, but also at what is right or intended, I can begin to broaden the perspectives of others.  I have noticed that people are usually not willing to listen to a thing you say if you tell them what they think is shit.  That is because they have reasons for what they think, and those reasons aren’t complete shit.  They aren’t going to listen to someone telling them they are crap, because obviously that person doesn’t understand them and doesn’t want to attempt to understand where they are coming from.  People will be more willing to listen to new perspectives if you first try and understand where they are coming from and acknowledge any good intentions they have. 

As implied in this post, all people that share the ultimate goals of progress for humanity are perspectives of progress and deserve to be heard.  But what are the ultimate goals?  Are they those that make up an ideal society, a point of perfection?  I would assume that perfection is the word most would used to describe their ultimate goal.  But what is perfection, and if it is unachievable then what are goals that we can seek to achieve?


I have such a little understanding of perfection and what it would look like.  I can only speculate, and in doing so, set temporary goals for which human progress should strive for.  With more knowledge and a better understanding of life, we can make more accurate assertions to what our ultimate goals shall be.  So as I lay down these ultimate goals for the progress of humanity, I do so knowingly that one day they will change.  For what I know and understand now is so miniscule compared to what I do not, and the possibility of getting these right on my first attempt is near to none.  I also welcome all forms of feedback to edit or improve upon what I present. 

Here are my Ultimate Goals for the Progress of Humanity:
  1. Less Suffering
  2. More Happiness
  3. Better Understandings
  4. Greater Equality

No comments:

Post a Comment